RAIN Group haveÂ just released an excellentÂ new research report:Â What Sales Winners Do Differently.Â
TheyÂ studied over 700 B2B sales to determine why the buyer chose one seller over another.Â The findings challenge some long-held selling orthodoxies and, as well, stand largely in contrast toÂ The Challenger Sale.Â Â
Here are some of their key findings:
- Â The sellers who win sellÂ radicallyÂ differently than the sellers that came in second place.
- Â Contrary to popular opinion, both solution sales and relationships in selling are not dead. Theyâ€™re not the whole story (and never were), but sellers who ignore these concepts put their success at great risk.
- TheirÂ research came to starkly different conclusions than the greatest trends in selling, including theÂ Challenger Sale,Â popularized in places likeÂ Harvard Business Review.
- Sellers who win do 3 specific things very well, and these sellers donâ€™t just win, but they maximize loyalty and referrals as well.
- A few key areas that donâ€™t get much attention in selling (e.g. reduction of risk, collaboration with buyers, idea education) now demand more attention.
You can download a copy of the report HERE